Monday, May 2, 2011

A visit from a cat burglar


The other night when Paul and I went on a walk I saw this ball of hair cat.  I gave it a little bit of petting.  It followed us for a little bit more, and then a little bit more, and then it just decided to follow us all of the way home...several blocks.  It wasn't about to give up and tried to come in the house with us.  It's fat and someone must be feeding it, but it acted like it was planning on moving in.  It yowled at the door and Genghis went crazy trying to get out there and see who was in his territory.  Finally we put Genghis to bed and just forgot about the other cat.  We have been sleeping with our window open and after we got to bed we hear that cat yowling up on our windowsill.  We just ignored it.  Later in the night we hear it yowling and then suddenly, it's in our room!  Don't know how it did it, but the screen was part way off - it didn't tear a hole in it or anything.  Paul jumped out of bed, threw it back out of the window and shut the window.  So, I guess you could say we had a cat burglar trying to steel some of Genghis' exclusive territory.  Crazy cat.  It was still here the next morning and had a hissing and growling duel with Genghis.  They just sort of hung out eyeballing each other all morning.  Thought it was gone later in the day, but this morning it was back, so I took this mugshot of it.  That was one weird experience.  Hope we never have a real live cat burglar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.