Thursday, February 28, 2019

Happy #87 Anna Lou!

I hope it was a happy day for her!  We actually celebrated with her a day early because she wanted to stay at home the day of to field phone calls and to watch a Jazz playoff game.  So the day before we took her out to lunch (Paul, Bean and me) to Angelica's Mexican Restaurant.  It was new to all of us and very good!  It was warm enough that we could eat outside on a stone table in the sun.  It was also quieter out there.  After lunch we went back to her house to eat a mini lemon cake complete with candles to blow out and to open and set up her present.  It was a very nice little party that we all enjoyed...all expect for Bandit (the dog) who seemed sad not to find any cake crumbs dropped under the table.  Lou Anne and kids had visited earlier in the day to bring her cards the kids had made which I'm sure helped make her day brighter too.  I have my mother-in-law struggles, but all in all life is good between us and I'm happy that we could bring some sunshine to her day.  Being 87 and alone cannot be fun and she does amazingly well for not seeing or hearing any better than she does.  She's a great example of endurance and has lived an exemplary life of church service/missionary work/teaching/leadership roles.  She has done her best in every way she can and lived through some very difficult time losing two husbands - one very early as well has having being run over as a child and dealing with the problems that left him for life.  If I do as well as she has, I will think I've done well.  

After lunch Paul and Bean went back to work and I dropped her off at the Mall - at her request - so she could treat herself to some birthday shopping.  It's hard for her to always have to have someone going along to give her a ride and feeling like they are waiting on her to shop.  I was worried about her walking back home on her own, but she made it OK and that's a relief.  She told me thank you for all I do for her and that's not a bad thing to hear once in a while.  I don't know how much longer she will be with us, but I hope I can do my best to honor her as I should. Ferf is the one who takes really good care of her since Weed left that to her.  Probably the most important thing I could learn from Weed is to give everyone love...even more than they deserve, because that's what Heavenly Father and Jesus do for everyone of us.  That's what Weed did for everyone she knew.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.