I'm so behind on here, but I will just start the catch up from here backwards for the last month's good times. We wanted to make it a nice Mother's Day for Paul's mom, but still enjoy our own fun and we found a way to make us all happy I think. She didn't want to come on Sunday because she wanted to be home to get phone calls, so we planned some Saturday fun for her and us as well. We got her up as early as she could stand to come over for a yummy omelet, fruit, juice and bagels breakfast. Afterwards we took her up to enjoy a walk through the Desert Garden which is blooming beautifully right now. We walked and swung and took in all of that beauty and it was a cooler, sunny morning. Then we took her home and put together a wind catcher we bought for her and installed it and a birdhouse. She seemed pleased with the morning and gifts.
Then we came home and got our lunch and gear together and drove up by Browse to hike to a hidden waterfall that Lance and Supe told us about. We did find it and it was beautiful. I even got in the cold water for a little ways and then dried out in the sun while we ate our lunch.
After that we drove the rest of the way up the road to the Browse Guard Station and check on the Sequoia tree and saw lots of pretty mountain flowers and scenery to boot! Then we drove home stopping at Chic-Fil-A for one of their new Sunshine Orange drinks and we froze our brains while drinking them! Then we ate a quick, simple, good dinner and watched a funny movie. It was a fun and lovely day all around!
Then we came home and got our lunch and gear together and drove up by Browse to hike to a hidden waterfall that Lance and Supe told us about. We did find it and it was beautiful. I even got in the cold water for a little ways and then dried out in the sun while we ate our lunch.
After that we drove the rest of the way up the road to the Browse Guard Station and check on the Sequoia tree and saw lots of pretty mountain flowers and scenery to boot! Then we drove home stopping at Chic-Fil-A for one of their new Sunshine Orange drinks and we froze our brains while drinking them! Then we ate a quick, simple, good dinner and watched a funny movie. It was a fun and lovely day all around!
For Sunday Paul made yummy crepes with lots of good toppings and juice. Church was way good. I did miss Weed there and felt a sadness for Kaebri and Tasia (Zade and Trigg). We had simple but yummy brauts, beans and potato salad and watermelon (my choice) after church. Then we napped and tried to take Bean back to Cedar via Pine Valley, but the shield on the bottom of the car was coming off so we turned around, came home and ate cold cereal and toast and then Paul just took him home. I talked to my mom and she sounded happy and then later talked with Moss and Juge, Ferf, Lou and Beacher texted. Jay and Brynn skyped earlier with their girls.
The kids went together, except Bean, to get us a dinner card and tickets to Shakespeare theater in Cedar which we will really enjoy. Bean's sweet card and gift card to Chili's, which he got Dad to help him pick up, were a truly special thing. The card was beautiful and appropriate and he signed it so nicely too. And he thought about what would be a good gift card. He is doing so much better. I still feel scared that the hard realities of what his limitations may be will be too much for him somewhere down the road and he won't be able to bear it, but for today he was the sweet and wonderful Bean we have missed for so long interspersed with a new Bean and a still sometimes lost to sadness Bean. Unless you can understand where we have been to with Bean through this illness you will not be able to fathom how much this card means coming from him.
Don't want to forget the beautiful roses and sweet card that Paul gave me. He made it such a fun weekend for me. I felt his love in all of his kind deeds. He's the perfect partner to my mothering and I love him dearly.
Oh, this year I made some home made cards for several peoples I love and used the quote that Lynne gave me. I love it and wanted to share it. I liked how it turned out home made or not.
Don't want to forget the beautiful roses and sweet card that Paul gave me. He made it such a fun weekend for me. I felt his love in all of his kind deeds. He's the perfect partner to my mothering and I love him dearly.
Oh, this year I made some home made cards for several peoples I love and used the quote that Lynne gave me. I love it and wanted to share it. I liked how it turned out home made or not.
My prayer is that Bean, and all of my children, their spouses and the grand children will stay the course and be with us as a family and Weed someday forever!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.