Saturday, June 8, 2013

Red Cliffs, Sand Hollow, water fun, Kolob Fingers, Crawdad Canyon - Week #2

Having another good week - got the strawberry jam made, outside windows and screens washed, silk plants cleaned, made it to the temple.  Got to have a sleep over with Kennis, Gaige and Koen while Ferf and Ryan celebrated their anniversary.  We got all of the fun we could out of our time together...they were pretty well worn out when they went home I think.  First off while we waited for Paul to get done at work we played Candy Land and they learned why their mother hates the game.  I got sent back to Mr. Mint about 3 times.  When Gaige and Kennis had won twice (they started over and caught up and passed Koen and I) we decided we had had enough already!  Then it was off to Red Cliffs for a picnic, crawdad fishing, a hike and playing in what water was left.  It was lots of fun and so pretty!  On the way home we stopped at Quail Lake and skipped rocks in the lake.  We also stopped of to go up on top of the newly refurbished tank on Skyline.  Too dark for pictures.  In the morning we made it up to feed the ducks and were excited to see some turtles and fish.  They were hungrier for our bread than the ducks.  After that we made a visit to the Town Square to cool off.  It was a lot of fun cram packed into a short time!  







Paul had to go up to New Harmony on Thursday afternoon to bid a job.  I tagged along and convinced him (it was pretty easy) to drive up the road at Kolob Fingers to see the sights.  It was a perfect evening and we found a little trail at the top - Timber Creek Overlook - and walked it.  There were such awesome views and there was no one else on the trail.  It was great!  I love it when we can combine business and fun stuff!




Saturday morning - we did more work at the stone yard.  Got another load of junk pallets - about a ton - hauled to the dump.  We got lots of other stuff done too.  I had a first.  Paul left me there to work while he was hauling a load to the recycling center.  He had me loading junk rock into the bucket on the forklift and gave me a very quick lesson in forklift driving before he left.  I got it all started and in gear, but when I pushed on the gas it just wouldn't move either forward or backward, just sat a revved.  My phone was in the truck so I couldn't call him....so I just turned it off.  When I reported my failure he showed me this button with a "P" on it - "P" is for parking break...duh. So after that I did haul my load of junk over to the junk pile and was able to follow instructions to be able to successfully dump it.  Yea!


(zip line pictures coming soon!)


Saturday afternoon we got to go up and do the zip lines at Crawdad Canyon.  Supe was there working and he and his co-worker helped us have a great ride!  It was a little scary, but so fast you didn't really have time to stress about it.  After that we went down and walked in the stream in the canyon and even met Fio and his wife where they were setting up one of their fancy dinners.  It would be fun to participate sometime...when I'm feeling very well to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.