Saturday, June 1, 2013

Week #1 - Bike Snow Canyon, Camp Browse

Decided I would try to balance my adventuring desires with getting some projects done around the house too.  No one else may notice that the freezer got defrosted or that the blinds, curtains and inside windows are cleaner, but I will know it and it will make me feel good.  Paul and I also loaded up the truck and trailer with 1.7 tons of old, broken up pallets and hauled them to the dump as part of getting his yard cleaned up and moved to a new location.  I feel good about getting these things done.  I also feel good about taking some rides and walks over the Red Hill, taking a date ride with Paul up the canyon (gravel road) in Snow Canyon.  It was a beautiful evening and the pretty hard uphill getting there was worth it for the views and for the half the time downhill coming back down with the shadow of the cliffs making it very nice and cool.  After delivering some stone out in Dammeron Valley on Friday evening we wanted to take a picnic out that way, but every place we checked out was really hot and gnatty, so we came home, threw our gear in the Toyota and went out toward Browse to go camping.  Our chosen spot by the Sequoia tree was taken, so we came back down and found a great place by the confluence of Harmon and Mill Creeks.  It was cool, quiet and very beautiful. We did have a little problem with our air bed.  It just kept losing air really fast and we found it had a pretty big hole.  We patched it, but it held about long enough for us to fall asleep and then went flat.  We woke up sleeping on the ground...but I slept well anyway.  We took a little walk and then headed home to work in the stone yard.  It has been a good week and I have thought of several other chores that will be good to do next week.  I know I will be able to think of some adventures too.  

Only had my phone camera - lots of flowers and greenery - so pretty.
Skyrocket, Wild Rose and White Lupine, Oak and Maple, Purple?, Palmer's Penstemon

Lots of water, green and blossoming going on made for a very beautiful camp out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.