Sunday, May 19, 2013

Webelos Day Hike 2013

This was my 3rd and Paul's 2nd year serving as staff on the Webelos Day Hike.  He did fire building again.  I was his gopher.  I was also in charge of the plant identification this year.  We hiked the trail the evening before and marked all of the plants with ribbons.  I love this little hike.  It has so much variety with both desert and wet environments and such a variety of plant life.  We also took samples of all the plants and made a poster so they could check to see if they had properly identified them.  This year I also made a page with a very brief description about each plant.  I enjoyed learning a bit about each of them.  The weather on hike day was excellent with just a few raindrops here and there to cool things down and scare the few bugs away.  The kids really enjoy the chance to learn about  fire safety and are super excited about building one.  They are so pleased when their little fire lights!  Paul does such a good job of instructing them. Hopefully they will remember what they learn about being responsible, safe fire stewards.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.