Unless you are a cat lover, or lover of any pets for that matter, you probably won't be able to identify with this. I don't know that this post can be classed as a present good time, but it is an acknowledgement of past good times that will be remembered with fondness. Last Tuesday morning, May 7th, was the last time we saw our Genghis Khat. It was a rushed morning and I asked Paul to bring him up from his chosen place to sleep in the garage, missing our usual good morning pets and purrs and the over the shoulder ride up the stairs. He was in a hurry to get outside and get on with his business, so I didn't get to greet him before he headed out the door. I remember thinking at the time that I missed saying hello, but would catch him on his next pass. Looking at this logically I realize that he was with us for longer than most cats I've had. He joined the family in the fall of 2007 when he was about 3 months old. For nearly 6 years he added his personality quirks to the house and brought a lot of laughs, peace, expenses, worries and love to us. We will miss him and will wonder how he left us, but we will remember him as the crazy, grand cat that he was. Good hunting Genghis. I hope there are plenty of people around to turn on the water in the sink for you to get a drink.

Oh, this news makes me so sad.
ReplyDelete