Monday, March 29, 2010

A pretty quiet week end


We didn't really have too much time to do anything big over the weekend. Paul left for a Scout camp out on Friday afternoon. I spent the evening cutting out baby blankets with Genghis thinking he should sit in the middle of each one and take a nap while I was trying to cut. He's lucky he didn't lose his tail. I also took a really nice stroll that evening up on the Red Hill before it got dark. So lovely up there. Saturday morning I was out for another walk on the hill. I had some projects planned, but the scouts ended up getting blown away (couldn't keep their stoves lit) and had to come home a little earlier than expected. The rest of the day was spent doing the Scouting For Food pick up and going to a little ward BBQ later in the day. We did manage to take a short but new hike out past Sun River. We only had about a couple of hours and I had heard about the recently dedicated Bart Anderson Trail out there. We had to do a little shopping at Wal Mart and then headed out there for a look see. It was actually very pretty...in a desert sort of way. It meanders along the Virgin River. We saw some people camping out there and we even ran into some people from our ward (the Tophams) who were out there riding little motorcycles around with their kids. We decided we will have to go back out and maybe even camp out there some time. It's definitely not a summer hike, but was perfect for the weather on Saturday. Sunday we had a fun time taking Grandma and her pooch up to Lou and Bryan's (they are are going to babysit him for her while she goes to AZ) and eating dinner with them, gathering eggs with Ellie, meeting Brady and Ellie's chicks and just visiting. Bryan got called out just as we got there, but wasn't gone very long, so we did get to see him a little when he got back. On the way home we stopped off to see the job Paul is working on in New Harmony. I've been hearing about how cool it is and was glad to get to see it. That's it for our weekend. (The hike was sort of spur of the moment so I didn't bring the camera...took these with my phone. Not the best quality.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.