Sunday, July 5, 2026

Independence Day

 The 4th is on Saturday this year which would make it so people wouldn't get a week day off from work, so some places closed on Friday.  For me it did not matter...it just made me want to celebrate for two days!  On Friday Paul, Bean and I went to see the new Angel/Wonder studios movie, Young Washington.  It's a terrific movie and made me thankful for men who were called by God to do a work to help America/The United States become a free land where the gospel could be restored and where finally, all people could be free.  Today we are having a little get together with Ferf and her kids who are down visiting with her.  Moss and Christie and family asked to join us for the too.  Lots of good food, good visiting and fireworks (by the city) and a few that Brynnli and Ryan will bring.  I got up this morning and took my walk on the Red Hill and felt blessed to live here and be free.  I also posted an old picture I took and have as a side thing on this blog.  I found more pics of flags that I or others in the family have taken.  And I thought of the song we used to sing long ago in week day Primary: 

I love my land America with blue skies big and wide;

I love my land America with seas on either side. 

The prairie corn grows tall and green, the wheat is amber gold;

The rivers run from mountain peaks where the stars and stripes unfold.

I love my land America, and as long as we are good, 

the Lord will bless America, in love and brotherhood.




Here are the pics from our gathering.  The fireworks pics never turn our very well in the dark.  We also celebrated Kai's birthday as part of the evenings fun!  Good times with good folks!  We enjoyed meeting Kennis' friend, Aliya, and also Jared's daughter's Shelby and Koda.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.