Sunday, April 5, 2026

Yankee Meadows, Haka dancing, Easter picnic, Easter!

We went up to see Bean and after a great lunch in Parowan we drove up to check out a picnic spot in Yankee Meadows.  It looked really nice.  We may reserve it for our Memorial Day picnic.  It was a beautiful spring day and fun to see how they had restored this little picnic area after flooding had wiped it out a few years ago.  

  Another fun thing happening this week was Supe joining Haka dancers at the Siva Pacifica 20 Year Anniversary program at Tuacahn.  It was a great program.  We didn't really get a close look at him, but Beacher provided a great picture of the whole family.  She and the kids danced at a preshow earlier.  Jem is very into his Hawaiin dance class!  It's nice they can join in celebration of Beacher's Polynesian heritage.   




New guidelines for the no meetings on Saturday evening of General Conference made it available for a little family Easter picnic!  The weather was great for an outdoor gathering in the yard.  We had a fun time visiting with some from every family except Jay and Brynn.  It was so nice to spend time with people even though I was getting a cold.  

I don't know if it's good to lump Easter into all of these other  happenings, but they all kind of ran together.  It started with me being asked to speak with the other wives in the bishopric for the week before Easter sacrament meeting.  I was not excited.  After I quit hating that I had to and started preparing I felt like prayers, mine and Paul's, were answered and I found things to share that were meaningful to me.  I was rewriting till the morning of, but finally felt satisfied.  I didn't feel that great about it afterwards because there was a lot of emotion involved, but after the fact I finally felt good about what I shared.  Poor bishop's wife couldn't find her notes and spoke off the cuff after me.  She did a great job though!  Later she found her notes in her scriptures where she had  put them.  Must have been for a reason.  I have heard many Easter talks now from conference and from reading and studying for the talk and just to get ready for Easter, and I feel like what I shared was from the heart and my testimony of the joy of Easter, particularly the resurrection with regard to Weed and Bean.   I actually feel grateful now that having to speak put me in more of the Easter celebratory mode that I would have been in.   Thank you...after the fact, for having to speak.  I'll try to remember that next time I'm asked to speak! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.