Sunday, March 22, 2026

First Campout of 2026 - near Mamoth Cave

 

We put this one together pretty quick.  I did housework and Paul got the other stuff ready. We tried to go up camping by Oak Grove, but no dispersed spots were open.  Then we looked around on Cedar Mountain, but there was still too much snow.  Then we decided to get lower in elevation to the Ponderosa pines and found a great spot over by the turn off to Mammoth Cave.  It was beautiful and not crowded at this time of the year.  Because we've had so little snow and rain, it was dry enough that we wouldn't get stuck. We had a simple but delicious dinner of clam chowder, grilled Swiss cheese  sandwiches and fresh pineapple with candy bars for dessert.  We saw more antelope - 13- than we've ever seen in one group.  They were skittish and hard to photograph.  I can't say I had a good nights sleep, but I did enjoy seeing the stars when I got up several times to pee!  The next morning we  had a great walk and saw lots of wonderful family camp spots.  After that we drove down to Enoch/Cedar and dropped off Hawaiian chocolates and birthday gifts and picked up Bean.  We  had lunch with Bean in Cedar and then drove over to see Mammoth Cave and picked up our trailer.  Then it was time to head  home.  I'm glad we could get out and have such a beautiful campout - weather was wonderful and the camper heater kept us nice and warm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.