Sunday, February 25, 2024

Weed's #44!

 In Memory from Juge FB:  Celebrating the happy day of Weed’s birth today! From our baby journals I think she had a hard time giving up her baby status 18 months later when I arrived, but luckily she apparently forgave me before too long and we got to be the best of buds. She was a one in a million friend who made you feel great just being around her.

This month I’ve been thinking about ways that she is still “in the game” here with us even though we might not be aware of it and also about the really awesome things she might be experiencing that she didn’t have a chance to experience before.
Thanks to another sister for this beautiful picture of Juge and Weed in our natural habitat.




It was nice to gather with those who could make it (on the 24th) to remember Lenae at a Pizza Factory buffet. Not any from our family could come unfortunately, but Paul and I were able to make it and enjoyed touching base the lots of the Smith family that were there. We love you and miss you Weed! And we are so glad you're up there helping out where you can with the things that need your loving touch. (Derek took this BeReal picture for me with his usual nasal flourish! And my eyes are closed as usual too.) The boss/owner of the Pizza Factory where Weed worked, is always really nice and tries to help us have this chance to gather. He remembers Weed and that's enough for him to want to help.

Some sweet memories that people shared about Weed on Juge's post on FB.

Kali Pollock Baumgartner
I am a firm believer that our closest loved ones are back in our lives often once they go to heaven. I bet she is right along beside you and your kids through most of your adventures.

Nonie Cottam Gay
Happy birthday to the one and only Weed! To the amazing girl who saved this lonely and friendless seventh grader and invited her to join her and her ninth grade friends everyday for lunch and was one of the three people who showed up to my rather pathetic sweet 16th party. I’m super grateful for those two cute girls in that picture for being my friend when it was probably easier not to be. Love you both! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.