Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Catching up!

I've gotten a little behind!  But can't forget these fun things!  I'm so glad that cancer or not, I'm still able to work.  I don't know what I'd do without my job.  Yah, some things, like interventions, are not my favorite thing, but for the most part, I really do enjoy it. This year we have a dream class.  We have 18 kids who had older siblings in the class and their parents requested to have our teacher.  She puts her heart and soul into it.  These are great kids.  Out of our 23, we only have two who are a bit of a challenge which is so great.  Last year we had some very tough kids.  We went to Staheli Farm for our first field trip in a very long time.  The kids had so much fun!  


Halloween came and Jem was so funny with his little blue head.  He was based on some cartoon character.  Eliza turned 9!  She's such a cutie.  And Fall came along with a walk in Pine Valley just to get out of the house.  
One afternoon the Weavers invited us to go on a bike ride up West Canyon road in Snow Canyon.  I felt happy that I could still ride it even after 4 Chemos.  I wasn't fast, but I did make it.  It was a fun ride.  And I had time for a walk on the Red Hill another day when we got out early for PTC from school.  Getting out really help me feel good.  

Another afternoon Paul and I walked Hell Hole Canyon - another of our favorite walks.  The geology of this little canyon amazing us every time we go.  



Paul and Bean made a beautiful fireplace and chimney for Supe and Beacher!  Jem and Auri got in on the action here and there doing forklift supervision and rock chip removal.  


Zion turned 8...and we didn't get to go, but Juge sent his excited pictures! Sarai had a singing recital via Zoom.  She sang well and looked so cute!  Tasia had a piano recital...sorry no pics.  It was in the chapel.


Paul's back has been super bad lately.  He's going to have to have some nerves cauterized to cut the pain.  Our salvation is to take walks to get out a little bit.  Getting old is not much fun sometimes.  We have really had to curtail our outdoor adventures because of our health issues this year.   We love to take the walk between Brookside and Baker Dam...in any season.  


Brady and Ellie cracked us up with this picture they sent from when they took their gift certificate swim at the Homestead Crater.



I feel bad that the only picture I took on Thanksgiving was this one.  We had kind of a different year.  It was the kids year to go to their inl-aws, but Christie's parents are on a mission so they were nice enough to invite us and Bean, Supe (Beacher had to work) and Ferf and kids to join them for Thanksgiving at their house.  Ferf is getting a divorce, so she had no in-laws to go to this year either.  G'ma Kurtz had company, so that left me, Paul and Bean home to ourselves.  We had a great meal, good hanging out and took a walk afterward to see the new Red Cliffs Temple in process of being build behind their house.  I have to say that it wasn't my best day.  I was dealing with some bad after Chemo effects and didn't really feel to great, but still, it was a nice way to spend the day.  A funny thing happened while we were walking over to the temple.  Kennis jumped a ditch thinking she was going to land in a good spot...which ended up with her burried up to her knees stuck in the mud.  We finally got her and her shoes out.  She was very muddy with giant globs on both feet.  She was laughing, so we could all laugh with her!  


The Saturday after Thanksgiving the Randalls invited us and the Borrowmans to go Christmas tree harvesting with them on Cedar Mountain.  There was almost NO snow.  This is the same place we got stuck last year!  We all got trees and then enjoyed hot chocolate in the sunshine.  We almost didn't need our coats.  We need rain and snow so badly!  But it did make getting trees much more comfortable and easy than when it's knee deep snow.  It was a fun time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.