It was a beautiful, windy Cedar City type day. We had to be there at 2:45, the whole group could only be up to 16 people because of Covid concerns. After all of the last group left we went in. Kaebri and I went with some lady temple workers to get dressed in our temple clothes and so she could go through the initiatory work and get the new name. I went to get the new name and then waited (I was her excort) for her. Then she and I got to meet with one of the assistant temple matrons and have a lovely talk about the initiatory and the garments and other things about the temple that were very helpful in preparing Kaebri and a great refresher and updating for me. Then we joined everyone waiting for us in the chapel and went up to do the endowment session. There was much sanitizing of hands and some pretty big changes in the way tokens were given, but it was still the same teachings. Some updates included more participation from women, which was nice to see and probably long overdue. After we all went through the veil we enjoyed a sweet time in the celestial room. After that we met outside for a few pictures and then went to Milt's up Cedar Canyon for a nice dinner and visiting time. It was a wonderful day for Kaebri and all of us be together and celebrate this great event in her life and in her mission preparation. So glad we could go back to the temple finally for this special event. I have missed the temple and hope it won't be long until it will finally be more accessible.
![]() |







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.