I can't think of much that could have made this Sabbath day any better. We started out prepared with all things in readiness for things to take place later on (food preparations that Bean and I took care of yesterday mostly). It was a beautiful day weather wise. Paul and I got up and took a walk in the cool of the morning and listened to scriptures for the Come Follow Me lesson and a podcast to go with it. I made a really nice breakfast and Paul got off to his meetings. Even though our fridge went out on Friday, thankfully we have a freezer and old fridge in the garage that are taking up that slack until we can (hopefully soon) get the part to have the fridge fixed completely under warranty. We went to church and I got to give the opening prayer and for once I didn't get all choked up and could say what I felt I wanted to without having too much emotion get in the way. The speakers today were YSA that Paul and I have both worked with and seen good things happen in the process. They both gave wonderful talks from the heart. And it was just a good day to greet many as they arrived.
Afterwards we got home and I did some YSA computer updates and then called several that we hadn't seen in a while and was able to get some moved out to where they are now and invite some that are still here to come and join us. Hopefully they will. Then we had a wonderful, simple dinner of grilled salmon, rice pilaf and broccoli. (I didn't over eat all day).
Then we went down to the church so Bean could get re-baptized/confirmed. He has worked with two bishops in his SA Ward and with our home stake president toward this for quite some time. And today, April 18th, 2021, was the big day when it could finally happen for him! Both bishops, the counselors and their wives, the stake president and two other men who have been very influential and meaningful friends to Bean, and the high councilor of their ward, all of our kids, spouses and grandkids except Beacher and Jem, Derek and Trigg, Jay and Brynn and girls were able to come. Kaebri set up Zoom for those not able to attend and took care of everything for that for us. And Grandma even felt able to attend. So much wonderful love and support was there for Bean. Bean's bishop did a beautiful job of conducting the meeting. Paul did the baptism and confirmation. Christie and Brady were the witnesses. I gave the opening prayer and Kris Johnson gave the closing prayer. It was a wonderful meeting. (Tavin is on his mission, so he missed it.)
All of the family came to the house afterwards and the evening was beautiful and cool. We sat outside and enjoyed cheesecake/and or brownies with many toppings and an evening of visiting. Bean did his eat and run thing. He's not much into sitting around talking with a big group, but I do think he was touched by their support in being here for him at this special time.
Sarai brought down some sweet thank you notes and cute little things she made for Paul and I (for her birthday presents) which we read before she and her family headed up the hill.
It was a pretty much perfect, best ever, shout for joy day! (Should have taken more pics, but I was too busy just enjoying the day.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.