Saturday, November 18, 2017

REALLY BIG NEWS! They got married!

Saturday, November 18th...the really big day...Derek Clyde Smith and Colony Sue Perry (Millsap) got married this morning at 11 am at Derek's ward building.  It was very nice with just small numbers in the relief society room.  The same wonderful bishop who conducted at Weed's funeral did the honors.  He has been such a blessing through all of these past life changing years in the Smith's lives.  So thankful he was still in as bishop for this.  All of the kids looked so nice and most of them seemed pretty excited, and some not quite as excited for such a big change.  Praying that all things will work out well with lots of love, work and prayers for all involved.  Derek and Colony are planning on being sealed later down the road when they both have permission.  We really hope this turns out to be a wonderful blessing for everyone involved.  It was nice to meet Colony's parents and find that we had already had some very slight acquaintance with them from being in the same stake in the past.  Hoping our kids can come to terms with some of the hurt they feel from being less involved, and I'm sure that will be the case for all of us as things adjust for priorities.  For now, I'm thankful and happy and hopeful!  It was very sweet when one of Colony's girls actually called me, "Grandma Lillywhite." I hope I can be the kind of person that can show love to Colony's kids in the way that will work for them.   I like this top picture, and the way it has Jesus in the photo too.  I want him to be with this family in  their new lives together helping them to treat each other as he would and have him help them through the rough times and bring joy to them all.  Another favorite thing is the other full family picture with Ty (hope that's the right spelling) with his hand on Trigg's shoulder.  It says to me that some love is already happening here and I so hope it will grow and grow for all of them.  Colony's kids (and Derek's now too!) are Olyvia, Carly and Ty.  I need to learn correct spellings, birth dates, etc., etc. In my heart I do feel that Weed, who loves her family so much, had a hand in helping Derek and Colony come together.  It would be so like her to be looking out for Derek and the kids and helping them to find someone to love and take care of them all.  It would also be like her to want the same for Colony.  I almost feel like she's probably at peace now knowing it is now in place to have everyone taking care of each other.  I do hope they will be up to the task of working through the rough places.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.