Today we set a record for early Christmas tree harvesting. We actually did what I have always wanted to do and went out the day after Thanksgiving! The only thing that was missing was the snow. I think I kind of like wading around in it while harvesting, other than figuring how to get there and out in a vehicle that won't get stuck! But it was a fun day! It took longer to get there and back by a long time than it took us to find the tree. It was unseasonably warm so we had our after tree picnic right up on Cedar Mountain close to where we got the tree. We had hot chocolate, leftover turkey/roll sandwiches etc. We all tried our hand at lighting the spider with flint and steel since we forgot the matches. Bean and Paul were the only ones who could really get things going, but it was fun to try.
After that we came home and went to see a great/sad dog movie, The Stray. Then we ate pizza, root-beer floats and pie. It was a fun day to spend together. We had to take two cars, so the kids rotated around and everyone got a turn in the truck with Grandpa. I'm good at spearheading and getting things put together, but Grandpa is the one who makes it all fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.