I am once again behind, but it has been such a busy month I just haven't been able to keep up with it all! I'm just going to start where I left off after the Webelos Day Hike. The next thing to enjoy was Jay, Brynn and girls coming down to have a 40th birthday unparty for Jay. He's not into being the center of attention and didn't want a big bash with a lot of trouble. We tried to accommodate his wishes by having a bring your own lunch and something to share gathering at a local park. Brynn brought the cake and ice cream. It was a nice afternoon of visiting and eating. The kids had fun playing in the park with the cousins. Relaxed and no fuss was what he wanted the pretty much what he got. I was so relaxed, I forgot his present! Happy 40th Jay! We love you!
Next in the line up was my trip to visit my Mom the 14-20th. Janet and Tony were out of town, so their grandson, Ian Toomey, and I were there with Mom. We had such a relaxed time. We ate pumpkin pie and Taco Bell until we couldn't hold any more, visited, watched old movies, and found our way where we needed to go using my phone's navigation tool. It was just good to spend time. Mom is going to be 95 in December and as I left I felt a pang of melancholy wondering if this might be the last time I had to spend with her. The only problem with the visit was that I got sick as soon as I arrived with a bad cold. I don't know who was taking care of who!
I was sorry to miss Koen's #8 birthday, but also relieved that I had done better than I had for Jay's birthday and had the present already bought so Paul could wrap it up and do the partying for both of us. I will get to attend Koen's baptism and I am glad for that! We love you Koen!
The Saturday after I got home Paul and I were both ready to get out and try to catch the end of Fall. Pine Valley didn't disappoint. We did the waterfall hike and cooked lunch over a fire for a picnic! It was so refreshing and relaxing. How I love Fall!
Next up is Tasia - she turned the wonderful age 12! Now she gets to leave Primary and join the YW! Sort of makes me sad to think that Weed would have been so happy to be with here there, but no crying for birthdays. Tasia has grown up so much and blossomed into a pretty young lady. So proud of her. Happy Birthday Tasia. We love you! We all came over and surprised her a day early!
For our date we decided we needed to try a little more Fall. We hiked the little trail between Brookside and Baker Lake. So pretty. Not much Fall left, but still so nice.
Next on the list of fun things was helping out at the climbing wall at Cub Day Camp. I have now been released after 7 years in Stake Primary over Cub Scouting. It was starting to feel like a change was needed. I will miss it in a lot of ways. I have met and become friends with so many wonderful Cub Scout leaders over the years. I'm feeling a little lost, but also excited as Paul and I start serving at a YSA Ward. So far, other than stressing out over speaking in sacrament meeting, it has been fun. These are some really great young adults (I just want to call them kids). So Cub Day Camp at the climbing wall was my last hurrah...but I'm keeping my yellow shirt just in case! I made it up the wall one last time! Paul was there to help me out after the poor high councilman wore out after helping out at Friday's session. Hope he wasn't permanently damaged.
Halloween...it kind of crept up on me and I was pretty bah humbug about it. Paul and I did go to a fun YSA FHE Halloween party the Monday before, but none of us got around to doing a family Halloween party this year. Just wasn't up to finding the time and energy. But the I did get pics of everyone at least. I also helped out at school with the 3 class, 60 kid party. Trigg got to attend as one of our class and seemed to have a lot of fun.
The Borrowman kids and Brenden and Eliza.
Smiths and Randalls
Weavers
Lillywhite girls and Jay
That pretty well wraps up the month of October! It was a great month. I missed Weed for Halloween. She and Derek were always dressed so fun as a couple. It was hard not to have her paint my cat face for the school party. That may be some of the reason why we just didn't push a family party. We will always miss her for the holidays. So thankful for a testimony that sustains us.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.