The past few weeks I have been getting wedding announcements addressed and have hand delivered the ones in our neighborhood. As I went through the list from our last wedding it made me sad to see how many of our wonderful friends I had to take off the list because they aren't with us anymore. Some have passed away and some are in such declining health that they aren't living here and don't "know" us anymore. These are people who have been part of our "village" that helped us raise our children; people we love and would have liked to have had share this special event with us. As I walked past their homes delivering the announcements I was sad, but also so happy to know that we will enjoy association with them again in another time, in a better place, and they will "know" us there just as they did here. So thankful that it isn't just over at the grave. So thankful "Because of Him".







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.