Our family Easter gathering was on Friday this year. It included a picnic in the backyard and presents and cheesecake for Christie and Sarai's belated birthdays. After that the parents headed up behind the tank on the Red Hill to hide eggs while Paul, Juge and I herded the youngsters up there taking the long route. The eggs were in place when we got there and the hunting began. Every egg was found. Then we trekked back down where the kids commenced and pretty much finished up on the consumption of the goodies. Before everyone came over we made it down to the Art Festival and enjoyed it.
On Saturday we took a drive looking for a "hidden" waterfall. It's still hidden, but we did see some interesting territory. After that we took a hike in the Red Cliffs reserve. It was tame, but close by with some nice views.
I had Monday off and we went up to Zion with Juge, Lance and kids to take a short hike to see some petroglyphs and then went up a pretty little canyon and ate our lunch along the way. It was a beautiful day and a fun time. Eden just loves the pretty sand. Every time we go hiking with her she seems to come up with a bag that she has to fill with sand. This time was the same. She and Noah both seem to like it...enough that I saw both of them take a little pinch to eat! Funny birds! Sometimes it is so pretty that it looks "good enough to eat"!
Yesterday I had to talk myself into being happy that it was raining when I was so hoping to get out on a hike. Instead I did housework that I had been putting off and after that Paul and I took in the Scout Expo and ran some errands. Then I got started on another task I have been saving up - making a bunch of tiny sugar cube temples for a stake activity for the girls 8-11. We are taking them on a hike to the temple quarry and learning about how the temple was built. Hopefully it won't rain that day.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.