Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lots of scouting and a relaxing walk to boot

Scout - the eagle - was part the the Eagle Scout program
It's been a very scouty week at our house.  I went to two pack meetings this week and then Paul and I attended one of his former scouts Eagle Court of Honor last night.  It was all good.  I helped judge a heptathlon at one pack meeting and helped judge pinewood derby cars at another.  I'm getting to be a regular at the meetings so they don't consider me a scary "stake visitor" anymore - I'm just someone there to be an extra pair of hands to help out.  I like that a lot better.  One of the pack meetings started pretty early and when I got done I was so excited that the sun was still up.  I nagged Paul - it didn't take much - to go and take our evening walk at Snow Canyon.  It was perfect - perfect temperature, perfectly quiet, and perfectly beautiful!  So glad we live where we can enjoy all this beauty almost in our own back yard.  We've had the flu and are finally starting to feel close to normal.  It was great to feel good enough to go for a walk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.