Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 - the final post of the year

There has been a lot going during the final days of 2011. December birthdays were part of the goings on.  Brynnli, Paul and Gaige did the shared party thing a little late for some and a little early for others. We love them all.  Happy #12, 59 and 6!!!


Next on the agenda - Paul and I went up and saw Ellie in her first dance recital. There was quite a bit of the recital that I would have been OK with missing, but it was worth sitting through to support Ellie in her debut on stage. I'm not sure she was totally thrilled about debuting, but she did it and we were proud of her!


The Friday afternoon before Christmas Christie invited the girls to get together for lunch at Bear Paw and then to go over to her house for manicure/pedicure fun. I also brought along a make it yourself Christmas craft.  We had so much fun at lunch, eating of course, but also playing a fun game that Juge came up with.  We had Christie, Brynn, Weed, Ferf, Juge, me and Grandma.  Wish Lou could have made it. Too bad someone forgot the camera for this activity.  I have a really sweet looking crackle fingernail polish job and some very soft, well-soaked feet too.  Thanks for putting such a fun time together Christie :o)

This is the only picture I got of this activity and it was with my phone.  Notice Christie's beautiful curls.  Brynn showed us how to do that with a flat iron.  Sweet! 
Next is Christmas!  It is so hard to get pictures of all the goings on while so much is going on.  Jay, Brynn, Madi and Supe were here at the house with us for the holiday.  The Weavers were down from the frozen north too.  Everyone came over for Christmas afternoon and the kids put on such a nice nativity program.  They also thrilled Grandma by singing her remakes of some Primary songs...brought tears to the eyes.   After that we all munched on all the good things everyone brought, played games and visited.  Thanks to all of you for putting it all together.  Jay and Brynn gave us all a really nice present...the announcement of #18 grand baby in July.   The holiday continued with more eating, visiting and game playing.  Paul and I made a real haul for Christmas with so many thoughtful gifts from everyone.  Many thanks to everyone for all the gifts and even more for just being the wonderful people that you are.

Juge planned a fun game for the adults to play!
One afternoon after Christmas Lance put together a nice little hike for those that could make it.  Some of the kids got to try out their new hiking sticks in the process.  We saw petroglyphs, dinosaur tracks and old ruins (Babylon) along with enjoying all the beautiful scenery, water and sand along the river.  It was good to get out in the sun for a while.

The petroglyphs

Actually, we didn't have to hike very much to see what we saw.  Mostly we rode. 
 


Babylon ruins
One of the tracks we saw
The good times continue despite this nasty cold I picked up. Paul, Bean and I went bowling with the Weavers and the Sheffields for Eden's birthday.  She decided that bowling was what she wanted to do.  I haven't been bowling since Lou was a baby and my skills haven't improved any since then. Paul was pro.  It was a lot of fun and I may have to do it again for a date some time.  It can only get better at this point!  Maybe the third time will be "the charm", and I will do a lot better!  (I will add bowling pics when I can get some from Juge.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.