Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nourishment for body and soul...an evening in Pine Valley.

I'm sitting here with Brenden. He's extremely busy cleaning out a bucket of toys. Each one needs to be examined quickly and tossed aside. Paul and I are tending the Bud while Moss and Christie are at the temple with a future sister-in-law. But, back to the beginning. Since we knew we would be tending today, we decided to do a hike/date last night. We headed up to Pine Valley around 4:30 pm yesterday and did the hike we had done with the grand kids (Old Mill Trail)only continued on until it turned to a bushwhackers trail strewn with beaver felled trees. It was lovely. The oaks were full of color - red, pink, purple, gold, yellow and green. The little stream was still running, the air was cool and we didn't see one person. We had to park our car at the lake - the gate was all locked up. When we got finished with the hike we walked back through the campgrounds along the road. (What a great time to now would be to go camping or for a cookout. You'd have to bring a wheelbarrow to haul your stuff up the road to the picnic or camping areas, but then you would have the place to yourself. I'm thinking about it!) We headed on through the picnic area and to the lake. Fish were jumping like crazy and you could see their tails flipping. Back to the car(about 7:15)we decided we'd stop in at the Brandin' Iron in Pine Valley for some of their delicious beans, garlic bread and salad. It was a great meal and then we headed on home, well nourished in body and soul. Oh, another great thing happened yesterday. When I got home from school I headed over to Hurst's to mail a few packages. In the process I came across their parking lot sale and wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles...they were selling all their cross country skis, boots and poles. These are the ones that we used to rent. They were a fantastic buy with a set of poles, boots and skis only $12.00. I called Paul and he was in that area and hurried over and we got a set for each of us. We are so excited to be able to give it another try this winter. What a great find!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Sounds lovely! And that is sweet about the skis and such!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.