Sunday, May 3, 2026

Paul's foot surgery - getting out!

 Monday Paul had foot surgery for some toe problems.  He's supposed the spend the next two weeks with the foot elevated...and boy, is that boring him to death!  I took him for a little break Friday morning.  We went up and walked (he scootered) around the Desert Garden.  It is pretty level and paved so he could maneuver his borrowed scooter there.  While there we got to see the death bloom of a century plant.  "Most agaves are monocarpic, spending anywhere from 10 to 30 years---hoarding energy for a single reproductive event.  Once it blooms, the mother plant dies."  We also could see where some great horned owls have nested in a cliff and are raising 3 owlets.  The rest of the desert garden is always great as well.  Some of the desert plants are blooming right now.  It was a good get out for him and me!  So glad that Sister Brady lent  him her scooter.  It makes getting around so much more comfortable than using crutches.  



Just to make things more interesting this week, our refrigerator died on Thursday.  It made noise all day long until we figured out it wasn't even keeping things cold.  I went to get some popsicles for Jem and Kaia and found them all melted!  Friday morning I went out getting quotes for a new one since fixing the old one would cost almost as much as a new one.  I went 3 places and ended up deciding on one from Lowe's because we do get a pro-builder 5% discount there and that made the one there the best buy of all the ones I got quotes on.  I don't think it's quite as nice as the one we had, but it's the price we can afford and the size that will fit our space.  Thankfully we  have grandma's old fridge in the garage and it is doing a good job for us until we get the new one.  It's just a little inconvenient getting everything from downstairs and taking it back when you need to eat.  Whine, whine!  I'm just so glad we have that fridge and freezer to keep stuff cold for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.