We had two celebrations for Weed's birthday this year. Juge hosted a Dinner o' Love on Sunday, the 22nd and Derek had the annual Pizza Factory party on the 23rd...Weed's actual birthday. I took a book I made about Weed to Juge's gathering. Even though we will always miss her, time has softened the missing and our testimonies that we'll see her again keep it livable. Everyone enjoyed looking at all the fun pictures of her in the book. I was glad it didn't make anyone lose it. I wondered about bringing it, but I think it was actually good after all. Both gatherings were sweet. One of Weed's friends was at Derek's party and she had found a drawing that Weed had done of her many years ago. It was sweet to see her loving posts about Weed on FB. (See posts below.)
I came across this portrait last month in my parent's garage that Lenae had drawn of me in high school. It was like finding a treasure! honestly don't even remember her giving it to me or why I got so lucky to be blessed with such a special gift!! I keep wondering why out of all people she chose to draw me!? But for whatever reason, I cherish this gift & would have never known what it would mean to me now that she is gone. God has a way of sending & reminding us that those who are on the other side of the veil are still very close to us & that we can still feel of their love!
For anyone who knew
Lenae, you know what a special & beautiful soul she was! She was everything
I wish & hope to be! Her legacy will be
forever engraved within us.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.