Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Easter Break - Manti Temple, etc.

 We got Friday and Monday off for the Easter weekend.  I had made a reservation to go to the open house for the Manti Temple on Friday.  It was an up and back trip, but it was great.  Thank goodness we had reservations.  That made it so that our wait time in line was just about an hour (instead of much longer without a reservation in the standby line).  I can't remember being in that temple.  I guess we were for Julianne and Roy's wedding though.  It is one of the oldest of the temples and had to be worked on to strengthen it for the long haul.  It was dedicated 17 May 1888 by Wilford Woodruff.  St. George and Logan are older than it. It is the fifth temple built and the 3rd temple built in Utah.  The woodworking is superb and the spiral staircases are amazing works of art and engineering.  We especially loved them and the lily chairs that were in several of the sealing rooms.  The murals were beautiful and a they were saved in the renovation.  I'm glad we got to see this temple.  It truly shows the love of the Lord, hard work and sacrifice that the people who built it had.  We had a nice trip in the cool semi-winter weather.  Luckily it didn't rain or snow on us, but there was a recent snow still on the ground on the way and in Manti.  We listened to a book and stopped in Beaver for dinner on the way home. 


We went to the Art Festival and saw so much beautiful art of so much variety!  Always love seeing it!  We also (Paul mostly) put in a new bathroom fan, toilet and bidet in our big bathroom during the break!  Lots of work, but very nice to have done!  



 We also enjoyed a wonderful Easter!  They made it so we only have Sacrament meeting now and it was a great one.  G'ma and Ferf and Gaige joined us for a yummy Easter Feast.  We have been enjoying the week studying all about Easter in the Bible and the Book of Mormon and watching some of our favorite Easter videos.  The Church is counseling us make Easter more of a celebration like we do Christmas since it is of such crucial importance in the plan of salvation.  I love Easter.  It makes me think of Weed and how all is well with her even thought she's not here with us.  I know that we will be with her again.  It also gives me great hope for Bean.  I know that because of Easter he will be resurrected with a perfect body and no more of this terrible mental illness with all of it's problems to afflict him anymore.  I am so thankful for the infinite gift of the Christ's atonement that makes these things and so much more possible for me and everyone else in the world.  Hallelujah!!!  Happy Easter!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.