Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Amazing Kennis...the wrestler!

I was so surprised when Kennis decided to do girl's wrestling this season! She has always done cross country and track.  She decided to try this and what a great job of learning a whole new sport she did!  She's a senior and was in great shape from her running already, but this is a pretty crazy sport to come into in your last year of school, but she was not deterred.  She had super supportive coaches and worked so hard!  And she learned how to do it!  And last Saturday at the the UHSAA 4A Boys and Girls State Wrestling tournament she took 3rd place in her weight division...can you believe that!  Wow!  Paul and I went up on Saturday (the 2nd/last day) and she won 3 matches by points...she had to work hard.  The last girl had quite the personal record, but she beat her anyway!  It was "fun" to be there to see her succeed, but mostly I felt relieved when it was over for her.  It's a pretty brutal sport and some people get hurt and everyone feels the hurt I believe.  But she stayed strong to the end and did GREAT!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.