#GiveThanks is an invitation to heal the world—and our hearts—through gratitude to God. Join in.
On Friday, November 20th, at 11 am, President Nelson gave a short broadcast about Giving Hope and Healing through Gratitude. Paul and I listened/watched in the car as we were traveling up to Midway for our anniversary get away. He counseled us to do 3 things:
Turn social media into your own gratitude journal
For each of the next seven days, post about something or someone you're grateful for using the #GiveThanks hashtag. Invite others to do the same. As we fill our hearts with thanks, we will be better prepared to light the world together in December.
Say a prayer of thanks
With all the chaos around you, it can be hard to recognize the hand of God in your life. Take a moment to reflect on your blessings and kneel in prayer to thank Him. Gratitude brings even more blessings.
Build your relationship with Jesus
Jesus Christ lived His life in thankfulness to God. You can follow His example by recognizing your blessings and expressing your gratitude.
I did enjoy participating in the on-line gratitude journal. It brought many grateful feelings to my heart. It was a very nice experience. The other two things are things I work on mostly every day.
Short version of what I posted:
#1 Grateful to have a prophet of God.
#2 Grateful to have a husband that I love to do fun new things with.
#3 Grateful that even though we can't meet with our family for our planned Thanksgiving, they are all healthy and employed at this time.
#4 Grateful for this wonderful for my wonderful home, neighbors and city that welcomed us in and has taken such wonderful care of us through these last 34 years.
#5 Grateful to Paul and I found each other (with heaven's help) and have been together for the last 46 years.
#6 The beautiful world that Heavenly Father/Jesus Christ created for us to come to and to please our eyes and gladden our hearts.
#7 My job working with kindergartners - who drive me nuts, but are sweet, give hugs and tell you they love you.
#8 This year's Come Follow Me study program - it's inspired and has blessed our lives and strengthened our testimonies as we deal with the effects of Covid-19.
#9 The plan of Happiness - As Pres. Nelson said: "death cannot divide families sealed in the temple. Our separation from departed loved ones is only temporary. Thanks to the Lord’s great plan of happiness, we can all face the future with great faith and optimism." Our Savior Jesus' Christ for doing His part to make it happen for all of us.
I used these pics for my posts. I didn't have one for my #7 - job post. And I had a music video for the beautiful world post - I'm Glad That I Live In This Beautiful World Heavenly Father Created For Me.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.