Monday, November 25, 2019

Happy 45th and other fun stuff!

It is one of the rare times when our anniversary falls not in the middle of the Thanksgiving rush with lots of company happening.  I saw a fun winter special bed and breakfast deal at Zion and decided it would be a fun little get away for our anniversary.  I didn't tell Paul the details until Thursday night and we left Friday afternoon to go up to stay in one of the little cabins.  We took our bikes and had a nice ride before dinner at the Lodge.  It was a very yummy meal of pork chops with prickly pear sauce and other goodness and dessert.  Our little cabin was cute and cozy for the cold night.  

In the morning we had another yummy meal for breakfast and then hiked up to Scout Point getting an early enough start to miss the crowds going up.  I wish I could have braved it and done Angel's Landing, but I'm afraid that it is just not to be for me.  Just too much high and not enough trail for me to be comfortable.  But we went on up a little past Scout Point and got a great high view and also enjoyed seeing one of the park's condors as it did a fly over several times.  I was proud of us for making the hike up and down as it is rated strenuous.  It was beautiful and the day was sunny, clear and cool.  

After we got back down we headed on through the park and over Cedar Mountain where the new snow was beautiful.  We had hoped to get a Christmas tree, but it was just too hard to get off the road without getting stuck.  We stopped in Cedar City for late lunch at Park Place which has very yummy food.  Then we headed home so we could make it to a play, Holiday Inn, with our season tickets.  It was a fun play.  Jay and Brynn and girls arrived that night and we had a good visit with them about their trip to Spain.  

Sunday we had a fun time having biscuits and gravy breakfast with Moss and Christie (who invited us all over) and the Weavers and Jay and Brynn and girls, and Supe and Bean.  After that we all headed to church to hear Tavin give his missionary talk.  He's leaving next week for the Philippines.  He did a great job and afterwards we all gathered at the Borrowman's for dinner with the family from both sides.  That is always a treat.  

Hard to believe we've been married for 45 years!!!  That's a long time and I can't be more thankful for having been blessed to have married Paul.  He is truly my other half and the best thing in my life.  

My phone was dead and pictures are few, but here are some Paul took - with us looking pretty old!!!

 Just a note:  It's the 100 year Centennial of Zion becoming a National Park this year.  

I found this cool poem in an old history of English literature book the other day.  
I thought it was just right for how I feel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.