Saturday, December 29, 2018

Together again...Mom and Dad



Together again...my sweet, loving, amazing mom is now with my dad again.  How wonderful for them!  They were sweethearts here for 56 years.  He's been waiting for her for quite a while.  She was 96 years old when she returned to her eternal home on October 14, 2018.  The months preceding her passing were filled with visits from loved ones.  We will miss her dearly, but what a blessing to know that we will all be together again.  It keeps us going through the tough times.  I'm so thankful for the wonderful mom she has been to me.  (This was my Facebook post soon after mom's passing.)  And then life got so crazy that I haven't been able to put down words until here it is, almost her birthday.  I wish I had been able to do it sooner.  I was actually at the airport the moment Mom passed.  

When I got word, I wrote this:  Sunday, October 14th, 2018 - Left for the flight for Pasco to SLC at 3:12 pm with Tony.  Marilynne called to let me know Mom was gone at 3:55.  I said my goodbye/I love you before I left.  We were hoping she would not have to linger much longer.  Saturday she was still with us and reacting to our talking to her and to music and pain.  Today she never "woke up" and her breathing was labored and rattling.  Friday she still had a few words here and there and facial expression to our conversation with her.  All in all, it was only a couple of weeks of this hard stuff.  She was such a great mom.  I'm so happy she's with Dad and Weed and oh so many others who love her.  Love you Mom.  Our prayers were answered that she could go as soon as it was in line with Heavenly Father's will and not linger and suffer.  We will miss her prayers for us here.  I know she will be working to hlep us from where she is now.

Here's what my Patriarchal blessing says about my mom and dad:  "You have been born to goodly parents.  A sweet and loving mother and a kind and understanding father...Our Father in Heaven kept you for many years in heaven until He could find the choice and wonderful parents for you.  Your mother and father are one of the greatest blessings that you could have."  And they truly were that.  


Janet and Tony had this lovely picture taken of Mom a few Christmas's ago.  







Me at the beach with Mom and Dad.


Easter/General Conference trip to see Mom 2018 - she was still doing very well then.



Marilynne, Janet, me and Denny.  Gordon is already there to welcome Mom.   




I got to spend some time with Mom when Janet and Tony had to go out of town.  Ian Toomey was there too.  I was pretty worried about going, but it ended up being such a sweet time to spend together.  


I put this picture last though it is a few years old taken while our sweet Lenae was still with us and Mom came down for a visit.  Knowing Weed is there to welcome Mom is one thing that really makes me happy. How nice for both of them to see each other again.  They are two of the best people I know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.