![]() |
Saturday, June 18, 2016
Pressing Forward with the Young Women
Paul and I had a fun time joining the YW of the ward for a hike and a fireside up by Brian Head. The hike was the Ramparts Trail at Cedar Breaks National Monument. We went up Monday evening to check it out and found that there were several logs in the trail. It was decided and approved for the YW to include a little trail clearing service project to their hike. They did such a great job sawing the logs and hoisting them off the trail. It's a 4-mile hike and very steep in places, but they all did a great job. One sister and her daughter and a couple of leaders did have to go back part way into the hike due to some diabetic issues, but other than that, it went well. (She ended up being just fine.) It's a beautiful place to spend some time. It was planned that Paul and I would give our little talks along the trail, but with some people leaving the hike early, we just put them off for around the campfire later that evening. I'm not sure we did the best job. The girls didn't seem too inspired to share testimonies after wards. I'm pretty sure I'm not anyone who should work with the YW on a regular basis. I just don't connect very well with them. That would be the only thing disappointing about this day. I wish we could have said something that would have hit the spot with them a little more. And then again, maybe they were just plain worn out from the hard hike and the work of sawing logs! The YW leaders are great and the girls are too! The theme for their camp was Pressing Forward With A Steadfastness in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.