Sunday, August 30, 2015

Cub Day Camp 2015 - Adventure is Awesome!

This year's day camp went with the Lego Movie theme as well as the new, updated Cub Scout program's Adventure theme.  Our stake was lucky enough to enjoy being in charge of the climbing wall again.  I went Friday evening to help with the Webelos and just stopped in to make sure everything was running well and train the volunteers on Saturday morning...2 more just like that to go still.  It was hot, but so much fun.  The kids don't really pass anything off at the wall, but it is a favorite and I love it because they do learn that they can do hard things and gain a lot of confidence with many of them racing for the best time by the end of their session.  The best one for me was the kid who didn't think he could do it at all, but just kept trying going a little higher each time and on his last go before it was time to move to the next activity, he made it all the way up!  His mom was there and it was great to watch that interaction and to hear him say he had done something he had never done before!  It was awesome!  And it was great to have Paul there to support me by helping set up both times. (I made it up one of the walls before we got started too. I'll try another one next time if I have time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.