Sunday, August 17, 2014

Willis Creek

  I have been wanting to do this hike for a long time.  We finally made it.  It is a long drive to get to the trail head, but it was worth it.  It was just right for Paul's first hike of much distance since his knee surgery.  We just did the Willis Creek part of a 3 part (Sheep Creek and Bull Valley) hike.  We will get the others done some other time.  



There were two little waterfalls.  Here they are with a top shot of one of them.  Wished I had my wading shoes on so I could have just waded pretty much the whole hike and gotten into these little beauties!


The trail head, an open section and "Shark Fin Rock" dubbed such in honor of shark week!  


There was plenty of variety with narrow and deep sections and wide open or not so deep sections.  A just right hike.  This section (to the junction with Sheep Creek) is only 5 miles round trip.  Great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.