Sunday, July 6, 2014

Recovering

It's been a good week for Paul's knee recovery.  He is doing well and has graduated to just walking around the house unaided for the most part.  Doing the stairs and being away from home he still takes the crutches just to be safe.  He's doing well with his physical therapy exercises.  In one of them he uses a wheel chair to push against the wall until his knee will bend enough to touch the wall. It is painful and challenging, but he is getting it.  Probably the thing that is going to be the hardest for him is not pushing too hard too fast, but so far, so good!  Staples come out next week after the Family Camp!  


I have learned to give Paul a shot in the belly once a day - not a permanent thing - thank goodness!  And since we have been staying close to home, I got busy and finished a quilt project that I have wanted to do for quite a while.  I have always avoided doing a certain type of binding, but decided to take time to learn to do it.  I found a great how-to video on-line and it came out very well.  I even like it and will probably do more that way.  No hikes in this neck of the woods for a while, but I have enjoyed the time just relaxing and concentrating on getting Paul better.  Hopefully it will be a good fix and over time we will be able to get back out there.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.