Sunday, December 1, 2013

J.E.M Trail...I made it!

Saturday afternoon Supe, Beacher, and some of her family let us join them on a ride along the J.E.M. Trail. It was my first real mountain biking trail ride.  Here's a brief description:  The J.E.M. Trail is found just west of the town of Virgin near Zion National Park. Named for trailblazers John, Ellen, and Mike, this trail offers high-speed desert cruising and a cliff-side ride along the Virgin River.  Except for a very short but dangerous switchback section (and a half-mile of cliff-side cruising) it's fairly easy technically and aerobically.  Supe was good to hang back and give us directions in the tricky parts including where to just get off, which we were glad to do.  I did better than I thought I would despite the get offs here and there at the rough spots and a couple of spots along the cliff-side that were just a little too narrow for comfort.  The scenery is magnificent, but when you are so busy riding, you can't take pictures.  I just had a borrow a few from the internet to make this collage.  Another day I will do it again and make stops along the way to take my own shots when I am not trying to stay with the group.  


The beginning of the trail and views of Zion and of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.