Yesterday Paul and I spent the morning having a blast at Cub Scout Day Camp. We got to help run the rock climbing wall. We were harnessing, encouraging and giving climbing tips to about 350 boys as quickly as we could run them through. They had a blast and couldn't get enough of it. Paul and I also took a turn before and after the boys were there. It was my first time and I was really surprised that I could make it up. I did choose the easy route. I wished I could have tried the medium and hard ones, but we had no time. I had some great help with 9 of my hoped for volunteers making it out to spend the morning helping wherever they were needed!
After that we took off to Zion and rode bikes up to the Grotto where we locked them up and hiked up to Emerald Pools seeing lower, middle and upper pools in the process. At the middle pool we saw people just finishing up their canyoneering trip down Behunin Canyon. At the upper pool we watched another group finishing up their final rappel out of Heaps Canyon down a 285 cliff. It was really cool. We finished up the hike and then rode back down to our car. We did stop once to wade in the river. It was crazy because a month ago that wading spot was up to our neck and now, because of all the rain, sand had washed down and filled it up until it was only up to our ankles. It was a beautiful, crystal clear day with perfect weather.
![]() |
| The middle picture is the slot they are coming down. The other pictures show the rappel in progress. |
![]() |
| Other beautiful landscapes and interesting critters. |






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.