Genghis has spent his life harnessed to a line in our back yard. He has some serious pulling muscles from always going to the very end of his line. Well, he got too smart and just started going to the end...and then backing out of his harness by turning it wrong side out. We decided it was time for him to have a life unleashed. Now every night when Paul and I go for a walk we feel like fools calling the cat, but we usually find him yowling at the door to come in by the time we get home. Dumb cat. Why can't he just come without making fools of us? Anyway, we hope he is smart enough to stay out of trouble. For us nearly empty nesters, it's like sending our kid out into the big world! Update - he is getting to where I can just call him loudly from the front and back doors and after a bit he shows up. I'm sure the neighbors love this nightly howling and yowling ritual. I do think he is totally enjoying being a free cat. Paul saw him out back yesterday snacking on a bird he had successfully downed. The mighty hunter free at last!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.