We have been enjoying some of that wood we gathered up with nice, cozy fires in the fireplace. No heater yet. Hope we can make it most of the winter without having to fire up the furnace again this year!
Sunday evening we got the harvested Christmas tree decorated. Genghis doesn't mind taking a bath under it, as you can see, but he won't have anything else to do with it. Usually he pretty much maims our fake tree, but after some tentative touches of the very sharp spruce needles, he decided to keep his distance. He did try to drink the water out of the stand, but couldn't really get his head in there without getting poked and gave that idea up too. Maybe this means no broken ornaments this year! We think it might be the best tree we have ever harvested. Sorry to spoil your fun, Genghis. (We even felt safe putting up our antique ornaments that we received as a wedding gift 36 years ago along with some of the other favorites we've added over the years. Definitely not a candidate for the Jubilee of trees, but we like it.)
This is a travertine floor that Paul and a helper spent quite a lot of time cutting out and putting together. This isn't the best picture, but I was glad to get to see it Saturday after hearing about it for quite a while.
This is an amazing fireplace in an amazing house that we have been working on for quite a while. I need to get pictures of the rest of the work when they are all done with everything and can get a good shot. I love visiting the jobs and seeing the beautiful work that is being done.
Wow! I love that fireplace- and the other pictures too! Someday I'm still going to hire Paul for a job. I just haven't figured out what yet!
ReplyDeletePaul is a master at creating beautiful masterpieces! Bonnie, thank you so much for the book, I can hardly wait to read it. Also, thank you for the frames and photos. I love them!!!!! You are so thoughtful.
ReplyDelete