Monday night I had a new experience. We went over to the Smiths and watched Derek cut up a hind quarter of elk. The rest of us helped wrap and label. I thought it might gross me out, but it didn't. I was impressed with how little waste there was. Today we are having elk roast! Wednesday evening we went to see Tarzan and really enjoyed it. We had the dinner out there too and it was very good. Thanks to everyone for that birthday present. It was the perfect evening - not too hot and not too cold. Thursday we went to the temple and Friday we went to hear Al Rounds, the artist, speak at the Tabernacle. It was very interesting. Saturday was a hang around the house and get stuff done day. I made some receiving blankets for our stake humanitarian project. We also got to visit with Bean some (he came down for Garrett's mission homecoming). Garrett dropped by and it was nice to visit with him. He's gained some weight, but actually looks very good with a few more pounds on him. He was such a skinny kid when he left. He seems to have had a very good mission and has grown up a lot. We are looking forward to hearing him speak today. So, there's the weekly update.

I have a great recipe for elk burgers (Julia Child's style) if you are interested.
ReplyDelete