It has been an enjoyable and interesting week. It's been kind of like a "take your wife to work" week in some ways. Paul is not supposed to be driving for the two weeks following his heart attack, so I've been taking him where he needs to go. Most of the time I get a shower by noon! We go to the job sites first thing to check on things, set up getting materials there and to talk to contractors and owners, etc. In the process I have been to Pine Valley twice, New Harmony once and to the Cliffs of Entrada numerous times, and to our stone yard. In Pine Valley and New Harmony we made it into a business/pleasure trip by having picnic lunches once with Roy and once with Adam, Joie and Maximus and once with Red, a cute Australian Heeler who wanted to share our lunch. I have also ferried Paul to rehab appointments. a couple of times. When we are not working or taking care of paperwork for work, we have enjoyed our spare time by visiting the art gallery at DSC (not too good, but kind of interesting) and the exhibits at the St. George Art Museum (excellent, beautiful, need to see). We also took in a matinée movie, Inception, which is riveting (you need to see it twice to figure it out or ask Jay to see it and explain it to you). We also drove out to Ivins reservoir one evening and then took a walk in Anasazi Valley. We have also taken our neighborhood walks, but they are somewhat abbreviated and slower until Paul recovers more fully. I have tried to fit in my brisker walks too. While he's talking to folks on the job I have taken some really pretty walks up in the Cliffs neighborhood. We have also gone to the temple and watched a few videos and read some books. It has been relaxing and enjoyable to spend time together. But, it does make us want to go camping. We'll just have to be patient and do that when we know things are good for it. I did go and pick peaches at the church farm without Paul. I told him he had to stay in bed and sleep some more. We also stopped in at Ferf and Ryan's on our way home from New Harmony and had a nice visit with them one afternoon, and Ryan shared some "jail grown" cantaloupe with us that is very good! I have had to do a lot of my chauffeuring in the Toyota pick up while the VW was in the shop, so I have gotten better (Paul might not think so) at driving a standard shift along with everything else. It has been a relaxing, recuperating week. (Here are some pictures of job sites at Pine Valley and at New Harmony. Joie is just about to pop with another baby, a girl. Adam had to unload the truck with a little help from us. Paul is not supposed to be lifting anything over 10 lbs. for a while.) Another fun thing this week was having Brian Batt (nephew) come to church with us and have dinner. He shared his dvd of his experience last week at the Transplant Olympics that he competed in. It is so nice that he is no longer diabetic. He's down here doing some computer work for the hospital. He's a fun guy and we always enjoy visiting with him.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.