Monday, July 19, 2010

Paul made it off to Scout Camp...life goes on

Finally all the chaos of getting everyone off to Scout Camp has subsided...and life goes on. It was hectic (you don't even want to know the whole story) trying to finalize which cars would be going and getting the tour permit and it was also a PITB getting the parents to get their boys physicals and getting the physical forms and health insurance stuff COMPLETELY filled out. "Does he really have to see a doctor - it looks like I can just check off all these boxes myself, don't you think?" Finally, at 5:30 am this morning Paul got out the door, hopefully with everything he will need. I got word from him that they had arrived, only to find that the person in charge of paying the final payment hadn't done it. Guess the Scoutmaster gets to cover the gas and the camp fee until he can get reimbursed. I don't know why I ever think it will be any different. Call on Friday last week, Scout - "Bro. Lillywhite, what time should I be at your house tomorrow morning?" Bro. Lillywhite - "No ------, camp doesn't start tomorrow. We leave on Monday morning at 5:30....that's am, and we are meeting at the church. Remember, Monday morning - not tomorrow morning - at the church! Don't come to my house at 5:30 am tomorrow!" Scout - "OK, I get it." Hope Paul will be able to relax and have a good time with a bunch of cute, but really dense 12-17 year olds.

Since I was up anyway I decided to get those apricots taken care of. I had already made some freezer jam and decided to follow Bryan's advice and make "stewed apricots" like his Grandma used to make, only different. (There's really no way to know how she made them since she doesn't even know.) After many apricots, some water, lots of sugar, chunk pineapple and juice, more apricots, crushed pineapple without juice, more sugar and some pectin I have created what I call Pineapple/Apricot Compote. If it doesn't end up being very good at being a compote (what is a compote anyway?) it can be downgraded to Pineapple/Apricot Compost. (I did have some for lunch with cottage cheese and toast and it wasn't half bad.) The apricots are done, the business paperwork and business and family bills paid and laundry drying on the line, cat let in and out too many times to count (he wants me to make it not so hot for him somehow) and part of the dishwasher taken apart/flushed of hard water deposits and hopefully put back together correctly. After that I did manage to get out of my nightgown and showered before lunch. Now I will get busy and get something done on that list I have lined out in my planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.