Now that it's just Paul and me we are finding we have a little time on our hands here and there. We have had some time to start playing Scrabble again. It's been quite a while since we played games that can be for just two people...weird! We played a couple of games and realized that our old game was missing more tiles than we thought, so we went out a got a new one on Saturday. I guess we could have just ordered new tiles, but this was faster. I thought maybe I would beat Paul if we had a full set and was anxious for that to happen. It hasn't yet, but I'm going to keep working on it. He does much more pondering and employs more strategies than I do. I just get sick of having three g's and want to get rid of them as fast as possible. Along with buying a new Scrabble game we had a great yard clean up and tried to go to the dump Saturday. The truck had some problems so we ended up having to drop it off and walk home. Hopefully it's nothing too terrible. The yard looks a lot better. We have been enjoying eating whatever we please. We've had lots of mushrooms with no one turning up their nose about them. The house seems pretty big for just the two of us, but it's staying pretty clean. We've been listening to old people music and no one's complaining about that either. It will take some adjusting to having just the two of us, but I think we'll get the hang of it pretty soon! Oh, Genghis thinks he's a big help to us while we play. He has to lay on the table and be involved in such activities as trying to knock over glasses of water, attacking the dictionary and trying to eat a dice that ended up in the Scrabble box. After a while he gets bored and just takes a nap. He just likes to hang out wherever we happen to be. He had to be out getting tangled up in things while we did our yard clean up. I guess we still have one baby around the house with us. He misses his boy, but he's learning to hang out with just old people.
Wow! Looks like some good words. Don't play with Bryan. I've never met someone who can find so many seven letter words. You'll get your fanny kicked. Maybe patience is required for Scrabble. Have you read that in the rules?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys need a grandkid invasion to liven things up around there. Don't get too comfy...Supe may be back in the summer!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Vixin is not a word--it is vixen! :)
ReplyDelete