We had another great week end. I got to tend Brenden Friday evening while Moss & Christie went to a show at Tuacahn. We did great. I'm pretty sure he likes swinging better than he likes me, but hey, we just want him to be a happy boy! He went to sleep swinging, I weeded the front flowerbed and Genghis was happy to have someone out there for company and attack practice. Then Jay and Brynn arrived and we had some good visiting until time to hit the sack. Paul was off on the Father's and Sons being the breakfast cook. Next morning when Paul got home Jay had an idea for a place to explore as a possible site for the upcoming family camp. Brynn was a good sport and sacrificed a day in the Dixie sun for a day in Paul's big truck as we headed up to Marysville and then up a canyon to check it out. It ended up being a pretty long drive and there was still quite a bit of snow so we couldn't get clear up the mountain. We did take a few minutes to explore an old mining site and had a good time visiting and made it back in time for our family get-together/dinner for Mother's Day/visit with Jay and Brynn. It was a bring your own meat party and Paul made yummy Dutch oven potatoes and Weed brought yummy salad. That along with rolls and angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream left us all feeling fine and fattened. We ate out on the lawn and the kids had a great time playing with the cousins. (Zade enjoyed the dirt more than the cousins.) The Borrowman kids shared their poems with us too. Jay and Brynn were able to stay and go to church with us today and we had another great dinner before we sent them on their way back to SLC. When I look at all our great kids, in-laws and grandkids, I'm just amazed at how blessed I am to be a part of such a wonderful group of people. Thanks to all of you for being such a blessing and inspiration.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.